Scott R. Leonard
C# .NET DEVELOPER
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Web Development Fundamentals (expected by 06/2014)
- Excellent foundation knowledge in designing and developing web applications using .NET framework.
- Participated as a developer in all facets of the project life cycle, including analysis, design, programming and maintenance of new and existing systems.
- Experienced in user interface implementation and feature development across various software modules.
- As a team/technical leader, supervised development teams to implement software projects into base production systems presently in use.
- Interfaced with team members at all levels of expertise in fast-paced work environments with constantly changing priorities.
Garmin International ~ Olathe, KS
02/2010 - 02/2014
- Developed on a product team in the Consumer Engineering department that designs, implements and debugs embedded C/C++ software utilizing Visual Studio running on Garmin's portable navigation device (PND) nūvi GPS products utilizing a proprietary platform, GarminOS.
- Implemented front-end graphical user interface (GUI) for the feature - Up Ahead, which involved designing and implementing custom UI widgets that allow users to view/select a constant stream of nearby services information (i.e. restaurants, stores, hospitals and fuel stations) that appear alongside the map, and updates as users move along the route.
- Programmed the LOC8 Ireland Postal Code feature, traffic menu redesigns and support for Yandex traffic on various PND product lines. Enhanced the existing ecoRoute™ feature to be more configurable as needed for different product lines and markets.
- Performed new product software design and development as well as maintenance activities for PND products already in production.
- Acted as the Product Translation Lead for various PND releases to manage the creation and update of multiple translation files needed to display all of the visible text strings in different languages required in global markets.
- Performed software releases, and tested software using debuggers, emulators, and simulators.
Navigon, Inc. ~ Chicago, IL
03/2007 – 04/2009
- Member of team created to develop and implement the company's Object-Oriented application (Mobile Navigator), for personal navigation device (PND) products released in North America, incorporating unique features for the United States market specifically the graphical user interface (GUI) of real-time traffic incidents utilizing Visual C++ on a Windows CE platform.
- Updated software solutions for original equipment manager (OEM) customers.
- Assisted with developing and maintaining build server scripts for various projects.
- Assisted with the implementation of "Direct Help", a GUI feature that provides instant directions and phone numbers to the nearest hospitals, police stations, tow truck companies and pharmacies.
- General maintenance and bug-fixing for products as needed.
ABN-AMRO Information Technology Services Company ~ Chicago, IL
1997 - 2006
Technical Lead (11/03 - 08/06)
Team Leader (06/00 - 10/03)
Senior Programmer/Analyst (02/97 - 05/00)
- Member of team which designed and developed an Object-Oriented call center application, Cockpit. Cockpit is a Windows NT 32-bit application using Visual C++ GUI and interfacing generically via XML to existing IBM mainframe data utilizing MQ Series protocol, and a Sybase database across ODBC connections, including interfaces to Genesys Computer Telephony (CTI) and existing in-house Voice Response Unit (VRU).
- Integrated an in-house Web-based Java loan/account application management GUI, Tebasus, with the Cockpit application.
- Reviewed design specifications, programs and testing procedures of less experienced staff members. Acted as a technical resource for programming and analysis staff. Worked with offshore partners and developers in a global workplace environment.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL TRAINING
Centriq Training ~ Leawood, KS
02/2014 - Present
Application Developer in C#.NET Program
Professional IT Project Experience:
- Widgets and Gadgets: Created a secure application for managing product data.
- Trouble Ticket Project: Created a secure ASP.NET Web Form application for managing the lifecycle of a trouble ticket associated with hardware and software within an organization.
- Student and Scheduling Administration Tool: Created a secure ASP.NET MVC application for the purpose of managing the Students and Schedule for a university. Projects available for review live at the following URL: www.sleonardstudios.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Web Development Fundamentals. (expected 06/14)
Eastern Illinois University ~ Charleston, IL
Bachelor of Science / Computational Mathematics